This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
It wasn’t the most beautiful game to watch, but the Hoosiers showed what they’re capable of when they’re clicking and the Gophers showed their resilience. Both teams had 52-point halves, but IU had just enough in a cold-shooting second half to overcome Minnesota’s comeback.
I’ll update with my stories in the morning, but some quick notes that didn’t make it in or are worth highlighting:
* IU never trailed; it’s the fourth time this season that’s happened.
* Minnesota won the rebounding battle 36-34, but IU won for the second time this season when getting outrebounded.
* IU’s 52-point first half was the seventh half this season in which the Hoosiers have scored 50-plus.
* Victor Oladipo had his third career 20-point game and 43rd career game in double-digit points.
* Cody Zeller scored in double figures for the 14th time this season and 46th in his career. He had 18 points.
* Jordan Hulls now has 1,156 career points, made his 210th career 3-pointer and reached double-digit points in a game for the 62nd time in his career and 11th time this season.
* Christian Watford is now five points shy of Bracey Wright for 15th on IU’s career scoring list. Watford has 1,493 career point after his 84th career double-digit game and 13th this season.
* Yogi Ferrell played a career-high 37 minutes and had his fourth double-digit scoring game.