It wasn’t the most beautiful game to watch, but the Hoosiers showed what they’re capable of when they’re clicking and the Gophers showed their resilience. Both teams had 52-point halves, but IU had just enough in a cold-shooting second half to overcome Minnesota’s comeback.
I’ll update with my stories in the morning, but some quick notes that didn’t make it in or are worth highlighting:
* IU never trailed; it’s the fourth time this season that’s happened.
* Minnesota won the rebounding battle 36-34, but IU won for the second time this season when getting outrebounded.
* IU’s 52-point first half was the seventh half this season in which the Hoosiers have scored 50-plus.
* Victor Oladipo had his third career 20-point game and 43rd career game in double-digit points.
* Cody Zeller scored in double figures for the 14th time this season and 46th in his career. He had 18 points.
* Jordan Hulls now has 1,156 career points, made his 210th career 3-pointer and reached double-digit points in a game for the 62nd time in his career and 11th time this season.
* Christian Watford is now five points shy of Bracey Wright for 15th on IU’s career scoring list. Watford has 1,493 career point after his 84th career double-digit game and 13th this season.
* Yogi Ferrell played a career-high 37 minutes and had his fourth double-digit scoring game.